As of today, I decided to block advertisement servers from within the Unbound DNS server.
For me personally, I don’t gain any benefit from it since I run my own personal Pi-Hole network advertisement blocker on a Raspberry Pi. But for the people who don’t, this should let you gain some performance back while browsing the web, in peace.
The blocklist that I am using is from Peter Lowe at pgl.yoyo.org.
If you encounter any problems or have any comments about it, be sure to let me know.
Unfortunately, after upgrading Unbound from version 1.8.3 to 1.9.0, I had encountered a problem. The problem was that Unbound continued crashing after running for around five hours. So I reconfigured everything and it seems to be working back to normal.
Since I use the same server myself I know how annoying and or problematic this can be and I tried my best to solve the issue as fast as possible.